Scott understands you, your client, your dispute, and the negotiation process.
Scott represented Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals (from farmers to C-suite executives) in state and federal courts from Laredo to Maine and many points between. His clients were plaintiffs about as often as they were defendants. He worked for contingent fees and by the hour. Scott practiced at an AmLaw 100 national and international firm, a top-tier Austin-based regional firm, and a small litigation boutique. In short, Scott has walked in shoes like yours and he understands the concerns and needs of clients like yours.
Scott has walked in shoes like yours and he understands the concerns and needs of clients like yours.
When Scott is not mediating, he enjoys being outdoors as much as possible with his wife, his Austin High and Hyde Park high-schoolers, and his three mutts. He likes to hike, golf, and ski and he still tries to catch his son’s fastball. If you get his voicemail, he’s likely either in a mediation or searching for an alpine stream or lake that (hopefully) holds eager trout.
Where Scott has been:
- Haynes and Boone, LLP, Austin, Texas and Denver, Colorado, 2015 – 2019.
- Yates Law Firm, LLC, Denver, Colorado, 2008 – 2015.
- McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P., Austin, Texas, 1995 – 2008.
- Supreme Court of Texas, Austin, Texas. Judicial Intern. 1994.
Where Scott has learned:
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1995. Research Assistant to Professor Charles Alan Wright.
- B.S., Economics, Texas A&M University, magna cum laude, 1992. Corps of Cadets.
- Certificate, Professional Mediation Training, University of Denver, University College, 2012.
Where Scott is admitted and has litigated cases:
- Colorado (2008).
- U.S. District Courts: Western District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, District of Colorado, District of Maine, and pro hac vice admission in other federal courts.
Organizations to which Scott belongs:
How Scott has been recognized:
- Qualified and approved mediator for the United States District Court Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division.
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, the highest peer review rating of Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethical standards. According to Martindale-Hubbell, approximately 10 percent of all attorneys hold an AV Preeminent Rating.
- Named a “Trailblazer in Litigation” by the National Law Journal, ALM Media Properties, LLC (2016).
- Selected to the 2007 Texas “Rising Stars” list in general litigation, 2007 Texas Super Lawyers publication. Thomson Reuters names no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers younger than 40 or in practice 10 years or less to the Rising Stars list each year.