Scott Baker Mediation offers several fee options for mediation, including a reduced fee for cases with lower amounts in controversy.
The following fee schedule applies to:
- A two-party mediation.* SBM also mediates multi-party disputes. For mediations with more than two parties, the per-party fee decreases. Contact Scott for the fees applicable to your mediation.
- Mediations conducted within 100 miles of Austin. Scott is available to travel to other locations outside that range. Contact Scott for the charges applicable to mediations outside that range.
/ per party
A full day mediation means just that. The session will start at 9 a.m. We will aim to finish by 6 p.m. But because some disputes need more time to get across the finish line, Scott will continue to work through the evening so long as all parties are amenable and the session remains productive. A full-day mediation will not fail for lack of energy, persistence, patience, grit, and willingness to work long and hard into the evening. The fee includes preparation time (including calls with counsel), the mediation session, reasonable follow-up if necessary, and lunch.
/ per party
Half-day mediations are available at 8:30 – 1:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. The fee includes preparation time (including calls with counsel), the mediation session, and reasonable follow-up if necessary. If the parties wish to extend the mediation session on the day of the mediation and SBM is available to continue the session, then the additional time will be charged at the rate of $350/hour to be split between the parties.
Disputes with under $75,000 in controversy
/ per party
Cases with lesser amounts in dispute can be as complex and need the help of a mediator just as much as other cases. Because costs may discourage parties from using mediation, SBM offers a reduced fee to help parties involved in these disputes benefit from mediation.
- These sessions are available from 9am–1pm, or 2pm–6pm.
- The fee includes preparation time (including calls with counsel), the mediation session, and reasonable follow-up if necessary.
- If the parties wish to extend the mediation session on the day of the mediation and SBM is available to continue the session, then the additional time will be charged at the rate of $300/hour to be split between the parties.
- This fee structure does not apply to cases that involve complex non-monetary claims such as injunctive relief.
/ per number of parties
If the parties prefer to be charged on an hourly basis for SBM’s mediation services, please contact Scott. The fee varies depending upon the number of parties.
*Each mediation participant is a “party” for purposes of the mediation fee unless: 1) he, she, or it has counsel identical to another participant; and (2) he, she, or it can share with the other participant who has identical counsel one room for all private caucuses during mediation.